Monday, November 24, 2014

Dessert @ Blackball

Hey lovelies! 

Here's introducing you all to my newest favourite dessert stop: Blackball! Tried Blackball @ Tampines 1 upon recommendation and it has left me craving for more (in fact, I had another serving of dessert immediately after my first). Originating from Taiwan, Blackball was founded in 2006 and has already expanded to several countries within such short a time, claiming to be the No. 1 grass jelly dessert in Taiwan. 
Blackball from Taiwan

I ordered their signature Blackball Signature Dessert which consists of a base and the following toppings: Grass Jelly, Yam Q, Golden Sweet Potato, Taro Balls, Sweet Potato Balls, Red Bean and Peals, which is quite plentiful.  The serving was quite large too! 

Blackball Signature Dessert ($5.40)
Each Blackball dessert comes with a creamer too! 


I really liked their grass jelly, which is neither the excessively squishy or slippery type. Hmm how do I put it in words... it's just firm enough to be sliced with the spoon, and it tastes quite natural, not the artifically sweetened type, and it has a tinge of herbal taste to it, something like the herbal jelly topping at GongCha. And it I mention it feels really good savouring the grass jelly? I really liked their red bean too, though I wouldn't be that sure about the taro and sweet potato balls, not exactly a fan of such sticky thick textured food. It has the texture of tangyuan in my opinion. 


Featuring their signature grass jelly


I like their interesting customization of being able to select the base and the temperature of the dessert, considering people have different preferences. I chose their 'icy; option, which consist of grass jelly shaved ice. For more abundance of grass jelly, I would recommend their 'warm' or 'cold' base, which is made up of grass jelly. 

Besides desserts, Blackball offers drinks of many types too! Check out their menu

After their Blackball Signature Dessert, I simply could not resist and bought another serving, this time, opting for the more personalised option: select own base and choose toppings. This would be definitely a more customized option to better suit our unique taste buds. This time, I chose their 'cold' base and topped it with red bean. The total cost $3.60, quite comparable to frozen yogurt prices.
No picture as the dessert vanished quickly with time. 

Pretty!
Refreshing, unique, quite an authentic taste from Taiwan. Really satisfying stop at Blackball. Savour goodness in a bowl!


No comments:

Post a Comment