Sunday, November 16, 2014

a trip to town

Hey there! 

Went to town today to buy a new wallet. Stopped by Ya-Kun kaya toast at Ang Mo Kio MRT (yup they recently opened a new outlet at AMK mrt! Convenience added!) and tried out their laksa. Quite worthy of its price as the portion was relatively large and the soup was really thick and flavorsome,with a rich fragrance of the coconut milk perfectly balanced with the presence of the added spices (there were some branch-looking spice in the soup). 

Laksa at Ya Kun Kaya Toast ($5.50). Quite good! 
For now til Nov 30, Ya Kun Kaya Toast @ AMK mrt offers a complimentary  coffee/tea  for every meal ordered from the Asian Delights menu! I added on two pieces of kaya butter toast later on. 
Later we went on to ION Orchard  and I took the chance to take some photos, honing my photography skills yo! 

A couple of shots that I took during the shopping trip: 
wow! 


Really realistic miniatures! 


Really loving the assorted colourful TWG pots ^^




my attempt at macro-photography



Loving the little christmas-themed styrofoam balls, really adds the gold-ish christmas warmth to it^^



my feeble attempt at an artistic shot :p






in perspective. 




whoops, incomplete shot! 



another attempt at being artsy fartsy~

yet another one too~
Visited TWG Tea Salon & Boutique @ ION Orchard and ordered their mini tea set. Tried out their signature 1837 White Tea (T6031) and White House Tea (T6042) upon recommendation since we preferred light tea and I really like the fragrance of the tea. The White House Tea in particular had this fruity flowing fragrance, somewhat that of strawberries, which was pleasant to the taste. Really like how the aromatic tea complemented well with the mini pastries and the chocolate truffle was exceptional! Neither too sweet or thick. And the cake was not too dry too. Lol at the way I'm describing food here, especially high tea, it's not my specialty you see but I'm working on it. 
Here's some pictures of what I tried at the TWG Tea Salon:







The chocolate truffle was as good as it look! 
My first time trying high tea at TWG and I can just perhaps understand why TaiTais must have liked it so much. Imagine chitchatting at such a posh place, where the ambiance is so good, gorgeous decor and finishing, and everything's so comfy and warm, and let's not forget the quality service of their friendly staff. Rather costly though, the mini tea set costs $35 and with an add-on of another pot of tea ($11) and with service charge and GST and whatnot, the bill easily added up to about $60. However with such a great price comes great quality so it was quite worthy of the price. In fact I felt the whole high-tea experience rather therapeutic, sipping tea after tasting the chocolate truffle, the comfy cushioned chair, the warm lighting, I was nearly dozing off! 

Really artistic piece imo. Love the expression of the guy here! 

And back to the wallet that I mentioned in the beginning, in the end, my mom got a gorgeous blue oblong wallet. Didnt't take a picture of it but I'll try take a photo of it soon! I think the candy bags are really cute! 

Had a long day today! Life's really spicing up since it's the hols now :) Hope you guys are having a great time too! 

Tata for now;)
Love, 

Vivienne

No comments:

Post a Comment